Vacancy in Canada – Packaging Job in Canada
Packager are hand laborers who work in warehouses to put together packages. They might assemble packaging like boxes or crates, label and record what is packed, inspect packaging for tears, cracks and dents, and make sure the materials inside are packed in
a way to minimize breakage during transit. In some places, they may move the completed and sealed packages to the loading dock for transit. To be successful as packer you must have attention to details and the ability to organize items. The recruit company
produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union,
the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize.
The Packaging Laborer may be assigned to a variety of packing, cleaning or reprocessing positions. The Packaging Laborer may be assigned to any station or location in the Packaging Department. This is an entry level position requiring continuous heavy labor
activities. Assignments may include repetitive hand, arm, and body movements.
Working Position: Packaging Staff
Salary: $15 per hour
Packagers place completed products into containers and prepare them for shipment by weighting, labelling and recording information about each package. Packagers must then ensure that the prepared packages make it to their designated locations, such as loading
zones or into inventory. Packagers must be through in their work. attention to details is key
- Pulls and packs product based on daily orders.
- Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
- Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation.
- Monitors product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
- Operates various pieces of equipment (i.e. Bendi, Palletizer, Dolly Loader, Pallet Wrapper, Forklift, and Electrical Pallet Jacks).
- Reports any mechanical problems.
- Utilizes continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follows good manufacturing practices and required work safe practices.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that items are undamaged.
- Clean shipping containers
- Label items and pack items into shipping containers
- Seal and label shipping containers.
For more details visit: Here or visit full website for more opportunity.
Basic requirement to be eligible
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred.
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members.