Vacancy in Canada – General Farm Job in Canada
General farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings. This group includes operators of farm machinery. General farm workers are employed on crop, livestock, fruit, vegetable and specialty farms.
Working Position: Farm Job
Working Hour: Casual
Salary: $15 per hour
Basic duties and responsibilities
- Harvest and inspect crops
- Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops
- Feed and tend livestock and poultry
- Milk cows
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
- General farm workers can become specialized in a particular type of crop or livestock production through experience.
You can get all the information about the recruit from here: or visit full website for more opportunity.
Basic requirement to be eligible
- There are no specific education or training requirements. However, a college certificate or specialized courses related to farming, such as farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding, tree pruning and pesticide application, are available.
- Basic farm knowledge, usually obtained from working on a family farm, may be required for employment.
- A course or certificate in first aid may be required.
- Harvest and inspect crops by hand
- Irrigate farm soil and maintain ditches or pipes and pumps
- Operate and service farm machinery and tools
- Spray fertilizer or pesticide solutions to control insects, fungi, and weeds
- Move shrubs, plants, and trees with wheelbarrows or tractors
- Feed livestock and clean and disinfect their pens, cages, yards, and hutches
- Examine animals to detect symptoms of illnesses or injuries and administer vaccines to protect animals from diseases
- Use brands, tags, or tattoos to mark livestock in order to identify ownership and grade
- Herd livestock to pastures for grazing or to scales, trucks, or other enclosures